Travel India: 10 Best Durga Puja Pandals to Visit in Kolkata
Image courtesy: দেবর্ষি রায়.
Durga Puja is celebrated with great enthusiasm in Kolkata with all the traditions and rituals. Durga Puja pandals are arguably the best attractions for the tourists in Kolkata. There are many big puja pandals where the Durga Puja festival is celebrated with new themes and innovative ideas. Let us see some of the 10 Best Durga Puja pandals to visit in Kolkata:
1. Bagbazar Sarbojonin
The Bagbazar puja pandal is one of the oldest and traditional puja pandals in the Kolkata. The celebration of the Durga puja is done very enthusiastically here. Every time one can see various new architectures in this pandal, showing some of the innovative ideas. All the important rituals are done here with full devotion.
- Various stalls and exhibitions are been set up here
- Large number of people from all over Kolkata visit this pandal during Durga Puja
2. Bose Pukur Sitala Mandir
The Bose pukur sitala mandir has a very nice artwork pandal, attracting many of the people to it. The pandal is decorated very beautifully making it a very amazing pandal. The Bose Pukur Sitala Mandir has won many of the best pandal awards in Kolkata since recent few years. This pandal is really worth visiting.
- Bose Pukur Sitala Mandir was been established in the year 1950
- Huge amount of lighting are done in a nice way
3. Kumartuli Park
The Kumartuli Park Puja Pandal has emerged out to be one of the very popular Durga Puja Pandal in recent few years. This pandal has always been very creative while decorating the pandal. People like this pandal enormously and come here in large numbers. The pandal looks really amazing during the Durga Puja days.
- Kumartuli Park was formed in the year 1955
- This pandal has also done some of the social cause work
4. Lake Town Adhibasi Brinda
The Lake Town Adhibasi Brinda is a nice pandal in North Kolkata which has attracted many of the pandal hoppers over the years. The pandal is always decorated very nicely and every time there is some interesting theme coming in this pandal. The light combination done here gives a wonderful look to this pandal. People have always appreciated the Lake Town Adhibasi Brinda pandal.
- The Lake Town Adhibasi Brinda was started in the year 1963
- This pandal has also been awarded for best pandal in kolkata
5. Ekdalia Evergreen Durga Puja Pandal
The Ekdalia Evergreen Durga Puja Pandal happens to be one of the distinct, traditional and attractive puja pandals in the South Kolkata. Although the idol of Goddess Durga has always more or less been similar, however there has always been different themes used in the pandal decorations.
- The Ekdalia Evergreen Durga Puja Pandal was started in the year 1943
- The lighting done here is really fabulous
6. Mohammed Ali Park Pandal
The Mohammed Ali Park pandal in Central Kolkata has always been among the best pandals, which has always attracted many people. The decoration done here is really wonderful. The out of box thinking of different themes in this pandal is the main virtue of this pandal. Few years back the Mohammed Ali Park pandal made a beautiful pandal showing the African safari in it.
- The Mohammed Ali Park Pandal was started in the year 1969
- This pandal is very close to the College Square
7. Badamtala Ashar Sangha
The Badamtala Ashar Sangha Puja Pandal has made it a distinct identity in the pandals for Durga Puja. This pandal has always been doing some of the marvelous work, along with the other decoration work. The attractivness of this pandal has pulled many of the people towards it.
- The pandal is a little in remote areas and Kalighat railway station is also far away from it
- Many of the people have appreciated the decoration of this pandal
8. Santosh Mitra Square
The Santosh Mitra Square Pandal is very well-known for its art work. There has always been some new innovations in designing this pandal. Before few days of Durga Puja, many of the people are eager to know regarding the art work in this Pandal.
- The Santosh Mitra Square Pandal was founded in the year 1936
- Earlier the name of this organization was “Sealdah Sarbojanin Durgotsav” and later in 1996 it changed to Santosh Mitra Square Pandal
9. Suruchi Sangha
The decoration of the Suruchi Sangha pandal has always been very fabulous every year. The idol of Goddess Durga is almost similar every year, however there has always been some of the new themes innovated while building this pandal. People come to Suruchi Sangha Pandal in large numbers, to watch this amazing pandal.
- In the year 2003 and 2009, the Suruchi Sangha Pandal had won the best pandal awards
- This pandal has been doing many of the social cause work
10. Jodhpur Park Puja Pandal
The Jodhpur Park Puja Pandal is one of the most gorgeous Durga puja pandals in Kolkata. The pandal has a distinct identity with colourful lighting, spacious entrance and cleanliness. This pandal is really very beautiful which has also been appreciated by many people.
- This pandal become the first to create Durga idol with biodegradable materials by 3D printer
- The innovative ideas of these pandal is appreciated by many organization
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!